Monday, August 9, 2010

Another week

August 9th, 2010

Well this week was full of things to do. On Monday we had P-Day and went golfing with Ekna Rehm. I shot a 85 in a round of 18. It helps to have comp who has a scholarship to Utah State for golf. Later we just went bowling with the Los Mexicanoes. Man its funny to see them play sports they have never played befor.
The next couple of days i had to spend with the Los Mexicanoes (Elder Martinez and Elder Hernandez) because of a two day meeting my companion had to go to. We had to cover both our areas so it was pretty exhausting going back and forth trying to see all of our investigators. On Tuesday we celebrated the birthday of Ekna Rehm. She is such a big help to missionary work so a bunch of her friends and us went to her house and ate some wierd stuff. Lets just say i had to struggle to keep my it down. Usually its good, but this time i really struggled to keep it down.
Later we had the Zone Leaders come up to give baptismal interviews to some of our investigators who have dates for the 14th of August. We are so stoked for them to get baptized because of the happiness it will bring them. They have faithfully kept all commitments and they have recieved so many blessings for it.
It was cool on Saturday Ekna's brother flew in from Utah. His name is Mike Zamora. He lives in Herrimen, Utah. He said he met my mom and got to talk to her for a little bit. He met up with her to get some things sent to me. This made it easier cause it didn't cost her anything. We ended up sharing my story about my operation on my cola (butt). Lets just say there wasn't a dry eye in the house because all of them were laughing so hard. I didn't know talking about it could get that kind of response.
Well transfers are coming up this week. We will recieve calls on Saturday to see if i am staying or if i am going. I can't believe i have been her like three months already. It feels like yesterday i was home. Man time flies when you are in the serving a mission. I love this gospel and how it makes life so much easier. I have always been around the gospel, but never really seen the changes it can have on other peoples lives and even my own. We are truely blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment