Tuesday, February 22, 2011

La Vida De Elder Fuerte

Well everyone it has been a while since i have posted something so i think i will say what is going on with me at this moment.
I am currently in the Sonora Branch in Tucson, Arizona.
I was made District Leader last transfers and am finding out that it is a little
different then just being a normal missionary.
I am companions with an Elder from Ecuador. His name is Elder Cruz. I seem
to get along with him very well. He is perfect for me because he speeks a lot
of spanish and since i am not perfect at spanish he will make me better.
We live on campus of the U of A. So there is many distractions the happen,
but i am dodging them the best i can. We don't spend time on the campus.
We are mainly down south where the mexicans are. I have found that
Mexicans are so much nicer then white people. They are always willing
to listen to what we have to say as appose to white people who just
slam the door in your face.
I am experiencing good weather. What i mean by that its in the 70's and
80's. I feel bad for those of you who are still seeing snow because i haven't
Seen an inch while i have been in Tucson. I am also getting i nice farmers tan
so when i get home you can make fun of me all you want.
The members here are great. They support the missionaries in many
ways such as food, member exchanges, and referals. We have an awesome ward
mission leader name Hermano Peterson. He and his wife have helped us so much.
Now with the food. I am maintaning in the range of 204-209 range. I feel that is
pretty good for how much we get fed and how much tortillas and rice we eat.
Missionaries do not have the best diet at all, but that is okay cause the food
is amazing!!!!! In my defense i have grown just a little bit and i am going to use
the card that i am big boned. I weighed myself this yesterday and i was 202.8.
So i do see improvements in the mere future haha.
I would like to say thanks to everyone for there support. I am so blessed to have
family and friends like you guys. Thanks for the prayers on my behalf and i pray
for all of you. Missionary work cannot happen without the members.
Remember that as you find ways to share your testimony with friends who are
not members of the church. I love you all and i know that you are all being blessed
by our Heavenly Father who loves us. I would of posted some pictures sooner, but i
erased over 1000 of them so that is why Kiersti or Holly have not seen a card from me.
Next time i will hopefully have a little somethin for you guys to look at.
Love,
Elder Strong aka Elder Fuerte

No comments:

Post a Comment